Monday, October 24, 2011

Things I Like About High School

I figured that because I posted a list of things I hate about high school I should post the reasons that I still tell myself to get my butt out of bed every day and take the ten minute drive to endure pris- I mean education.

Here it is, the significantly shorter list of things I like about high school:

  1. Orchestra. I love it about 90% of the time when people are putting forth an effort. I know we have the potential, so let's be kick butt this year, guys.
  2. I get to see my friends 5 days a week, plus whenever I see them on the weekends. That's nice... well... until the teach yells at us, but at least we can laugh about it later.
  3. We're at that age where we have some responsibility but not a ton, so we can still have fun.
  4. Because of high school I'm not working 8 hours a day 5 days a week.
  5. It seems like I'm always meeting new people, even if it's not necessarily people that go to school with me, when I go out with friends to places I seem to make new friends, and that's a good feeling.
  6. Watching the drama go down day after day get's pretty entertaining after a while.
  7. There isn't a better place to go people watching than in a school like LHS. Diversity provides free entertainment, and hey, I'm still getting an education, so it's all good.
  8. A lot of my teachers have been truly a gift and have helped me find what I'm interested in and what I'm not so good at.
  9. I FREAKING LOVE MY STUCO FAMILY. I would not sizzle like bacon for any other group of people at this school after they sing me happy birthday at a retreat. Not even the orchestra. Ain't no party like a StuCo party. Bring it districts, I'm ready to rock.
  10. Contest contest contest. I know a lot of people stress out about it but I love contest so much. It's the one time where it's ok to show off how hard you've worked. If I didn't have school I couldn't compete.
  11. In relation to the above reason, it's because of Liberty Public Schools that I fell in love with music in the first place. The teacher played Harry Potter on the viola and I knew that I was going to play that instrument.
  12. I know I already said my friends as a reason, but I don't think I have any other group of people that I love being around more. I have their back and I know they have mine.
  13. Math and AP Gov are a freaking riot every single day. Granted I hate being in average math, and I've hated my math classes since Freshmen year, I really actually like the people in math this year... there just isn't a work ethic. AP Gov though, let me tell you about AP Gov: I've never had a group of kids in one classroom that I've loved being around more than the people in my Government class. Old friends and new friends together just makes it the best way to end the day (even if the teacher did move us all around and mess the seating up).
  14. I'll admit it... some of the stuff I'm learning is interesting. Just some of it.
  15. Study hall might be the best think that has ever happened to me. Just sayin'.
Yeah this list went against the grain a lot, so I suggest you print a hard copy of this and save it, because I probably won't make another one again for a long time.

This is JewFro, signing off.
Yeah buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment