Saturday, September 21, 2013

Why Do I Write...?

The other day someone asked me why I blog. You would think that I would have an answer to that question ready to go at a moment's notice... but I had to think about it.

And think about it.

And I'm still thinking about it. I have no idea why I blog. 

I don't write to entertain people. 

I don't write to prove a point.

I have no aspirations to persuade anyone to think or do anything. 

So why do I blog? Why do I shamelessly write down the thoughts in my head for the whole world to read, if they so chose to?

Some people tell me it's brave to write about my life. Some people call me stupid. I'm honestly probably a little bit of both. 

The answer to the question "Why do I blog?" will probably remained unanswered. I have no reason. So maybe I should just stop.

Totally kidding.

I don't know why I do it, true. But writing for me is something therapeutic. At the end of a stressful point in my life I can just blow off steam. If something good happens to me I can share my elations with the world. Maybe that's why I write, then: It makes me feel content. 

There's something about creating a post that is just incredibly satisfying. It's something that I fabricated completely on my own. Each post is 100% mine. The stuff people read is all Tyler all of the time. 

There's something comforting about that. This is one of the few places where I can be entirely me.

And you know what? I like being me. College taught me that. I enjoy being me because I'm the only me there is. Gone are the days where I feel like I have to be something for someone. If I'm something for someone it's because I want to be that something for that someone. Not because I felt like I had to change who I am to fit in.

God, college is awesome. I think I've learned more outside of class time than I have during classes.

This is kind of a choppy conclusion.

There. Post over.

No comments:

Post a Comment