Thursday, June 20, 2013

It Feels Like A Perfect Night to Dress Up Like Hipsters...

I hope the title isn't misleading. This post has nothing to do with Taylor Swift's lyrical genius (it's okay you can laugh. She probably won't read this. But, Taylor, if you are reading this please use my full name in your next album. I'm poor and going to be in college).

Unless you count the fact that my new Macbook that I'm writing this on is considered a "hipster computer" as relevant. And then I guess, by some small degree, the title is (still not at all) topical. Let me go grab my beanie hat, drug rug sweater, and fake glasses before I write anymore. #HipsterStatus

*insert rough segue here*

This summer has been quite the learning experience for me so far. For example: I got to learn what "debt" is. I've always lived in a tiny bubble when it comes to money. If I didn't have the cash for something I couldn't  have it. But that's apparently not how college works. Now if you don't have the cash (unless God or the American Lottery decides to bless you sometime in the near future or you are pre-blessed by your socioeconomic status) apparently you can make some total stranger pay for it! They call it a "loan." I don't know what that is, but it sounds easy *insert cheesy audience laughter from a bad 80's sitcom that is consistently played on Nick at Nite here*.

Now when I was faced with the whole debt thing I could have reacted in a number of ways:

I could have broken down and sobbed (I've been told when I cry I look like Kim Kardashian).

I could have robbed a bank (tempting, but Criminal Minds has taught me that this would probably end with me getting killed).

I could have gone "Incredible Hulk" and flipped my advisors table (she probably would have been able to take me in a fight anyways).

Or I could grit my teeth, except the fact that I'm going to have to work this off in the future, and not worry about it.

As much as I wish I could turn into a giant green monster, I decided that the last of the above options would be the best one.

If there's one thing I'm good at it's Spongebob trivia. If there's one thing I'm GREAT at it's worrying. I've gone most of my life worrying about things that I really shouldn't have wasted my time on (I already have grey hairs!).

But I asked myself this, and I challenge you to ask yourself the same question when you find yourself worrying about something: Is it worth it? Will you worrying about whatever it is that's bothering you help you fix the problem? Is it productive? If the answer is yes: Keep on worrying. Fix the problem. If the answer is no: DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. JUST FIX IT.

This post was really to alleviate my boredom and share my latest epiphany... and to make a joke about Taylor Swift...

I'm done now. Thanks for reading!

Tyler Hannsz Solo *insert another laugh from another cheesy sitcom here*




No comments:

Post a Comment