So a lot of y'all are about to start college in a month.
That's exciting. So in honor of the occasion I thought I'd write a little somethin' for you guys. So I present to you a handful of things I wish I had known during my freshman year of college that would have made it way easier.
1. All you can eat in a dining hall doesn't mean you should eat it all. The Freshman 15 (Mizzou 22) is real and it's harder to get rid of than a crazy stalker / ex-girlfriend (arguably synonymous).
2. Nap time is a gift from Jesus Himself and shall not be ignored.
3. All nighters are never a good idea no matter how little you have studied. A lot of memory retention is done while you sleep.
4. Coming back to your room being really drunk and loud is going to piss off your roommate.
5. So apologize when you inevitably do it.
6. Drink orange juice or some other vitamin C rich thingy. Dorm rooms are cesspools.
7. If you don't wear flip flops in the shower you're an idiot. Those things are gross.
8. Puff puff pass.
9. Just kidding.
10. Don't do drugs they are bad.
11. You're in college now and professors don't hand out passes like your high school teachers did.
12. Your high school teachers tried really hard to make you pass for the sake of your job.
13. Professors in a lecture hall really don't care if you pass.
14. Lecture hall classes suck.
15. Go to office hours. Professors are more likely to give you a little boost if they know you and like you.
16. Bring a mattress pad. There's no way your mattress is going to be comfortable without aid.
17. Caffeine is fantastic.
18. Ibuprofen and duct tape can fix anything.
19. You're gonna lose contact with some of your high school friends.
20. You're gonna make some really awesome friends.
21. You and your roommate are either going to be great friends or hate each other by the time the year is over.
22. You're not there to get married. You're there to get educated. Being single is OKAY. Say it with me. OOOOOOOOKAAAAAAAYYYYYYY.
23. Alcohol is okay. Being blackout drunk is not okay. Being hungover sucks.
24. Talk to your givers of life (parents). They worry about you and all the stupid decisions you're probably making.
25. Your mom is not going to just magically be unsad when she leaves after helping you move in. That takes months. Buy tissues in bulk.
26. Study. For the love of God you actually have to study in college. Learn how to study or you'll metaphorically die.
27. Most everyone changes their major. It happens.
28. Upper class-men are valuable friends and allies. They just know, man. So feed them with your meal swipes. Mutualistic relationships are great.
29. Unless you plan on going to grad school your GPA isn't a huge deal. If you plan on going to grad school your GPA is a big freaking deal. Plan accordingly.
30. Sweat pants are okay. Love them. Wear them.
31. Know when you need to dress up and know how to dress up.
32. If something makes you unhappy cut it out of your life.
33. Ditching class is super easy. Especially if the teacher doesn't take attendance. Know when it's the right time and the wrong time.
34. A lecture on a topic you know really well is the "right time."
35. Exam day is the "wrong time."
36. Life begins when you step out of your comfort zone. So step out of it and start living.
37. Anything that starts with "Hey everyone! Watch this!" is followed by a stupid decision. So if you hear it get your phone out and start filming.
Today I found on Tumblr: