Monday, April 21, 2014

Time Is Limited...

Put your hand in front of your mouth. Inhale. Exhale.

Do you feel the stuff going through your nose and mouth?

That's life.

Put one hand over your heart.

Do you feel that?

That's purpose.

If there's a clock nearby please look at it. That's time. And it's ticking.

The fact of the matter is that everybody is mortal and everybody's days are numbered. It's mildly frightening that I don't know how much time I have to pack the equivalent of one lifetime into, because a lifetime isn't measurable. One person may pack a lifetime into twenty years and somebody else might spread a lifetime out across seventy.

There's no control. And that's terrifying for me because I like to be in control.

I could walk across the street on the way to class tomorrow and be plowed over by an old lady in a car (probably because I was checking Twitter and not paying a lick of attention). So then I have to pose the question to myself: Am I happy with my life so far?

It's a loaded question that is multi-faceted. I have to look at almost two decades of living. And to some that may seem like a lot and to others that may seem like the blink of an eye. However I'd like to think I've packed more life into almost 20 years than most other people my age.

Between school, friends, my music, my leadership activities, my personality, my individuality, and my thriving self-sufficiency I think I've got a lot going for me. And there's no telling how far that it'll take me. But I know that I'm going to take it as far as I possibly can, because that's the best I can hope to do.

I firmly believe that everyone was put on this planet for a reason. And for that reason I think it's imperative that everybody make the most of the time they're given no matter how long or short that period of time is. Because as long as your heart is beating and your lungs are breathing you have the chance to change the world into something incredible.

So get out there. Move the world and shake things up. There's not enough time in the world for anyone to take anything for granted.

Time is limited.




No comments:

Post a Comment